Avocado and Grilled Chicken Salad with best Dressing makes a great meal for one or as a side to share. A bed of greens is topped with delicious marinated, grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, avocados, and honey dijon dressing for a salad everyone will want to dig into.
For the grilled chicken:
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed in garlic press
- salt & pepper to taste
For The Salad:
- 2 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (can use any other type of tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 jar 6.5 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled or cubed
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How to make Avocado and Grilled Chicken Salad? :
To makes Avocado and Grilled Chicken Salad with Dressing
Pound Chicken flat with a meat tenderizer or slice chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. In medium bowl or ziplock bag, combine the chicken, olive oil, oregano, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Heat a large heavy duty pan to medium-heat and grill chicken 5-6 minutes per side until tender and cooked through. Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice or chop.
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake to combine. alternately, whisk in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine all the chopped ingredients for the salad. Top with chopped chicken a drizzle with generously with dressing.