This AVOCADO SALAD is Made with an abundance of rich and creamy avocados, vibrant tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, bright red onions and a fresh herb dressing. A healthy side that’s perfect for a summer lunch or dinner!
- 1 medium (12 oz) English cucumber, cut into quarters through the length then sliced
- 16 oz. grape tomatoes*
- 1/2 small red onion,** sliced into small pieces
- 2 medium avocados (firm but ripe), sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice***
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
AVOCADO SALAD INSTRUCTIONS:
For the dressing: In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, extra virgin oil oil, honey, garlic, cilantro, parsley, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl gently toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado with dressing.
Serve shortly after preparing.
Avocado salad Notes:
I like to use a multicolor blend of tomatoes for a more visually appealing salad but all red tomatoes work just fine too.
For a slightly milder flavor red onions can be rinsed under water and drained well to help remove harsh bite.
Lime juice can be substituted.
For a more refreshing salad you can use chilled ingredients and a chilled dressing (don’t chill tomatoes longer than a few hours though, and wait to cut the avocado until ready to serve).
Enjoy your AVOCADO SALAD