chocolate swiss roll
A Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake is an impressive dessert recipe that is not difficult to make.
With a few tips and tricks, you can make this wonderful chocolate cake roll filled with sweet meringue buttercream and coated in a shiny chocolate glaze. Slice, serve, and you will wow your family and friends with this chocolate treat.
- 1 1/2 package Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup of water
- Block of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 3 cups thawed cool whip (or you can use stabilized whipped cream)
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Fresh strawberries, diced
How to make Chocolate Swiss Roll:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 15×10 in pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper (or use a silicone liner), spray again.
- Microwave 3oz of Baker’s chocolate and butter for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add granulated sugar, mix well.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl for 3 minute or until thickened, blend in chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour and the baking soda, beat until just blended. Add remaining flour alternately with water.
- Spread evenly onto the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cake is springy.
- Sprinkle/sift powdered sugar onto warm cake. Invert cake onto a tea towel/parchment paper/silicone liner, remove whatever you used to line it with originally and sift more powdered sugar over the whole cake.
- Roll cake and cool completely at room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining powdered sugar.
- Crush up freeze dried strawberries and beat. I don’t have a measurement for this, I just did it until I got the taste I wanted.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of cool whip or whipped cream.
- Dice fresh strawberries and gently stir in until completely combined. I did about 5 or 6, just measure with your heart lol.
- Unroll cake carefully, remove tea towel/parchment paper/silicon liner.
- Spread filling onto the cake, covering completely.
- Roll the cake up again carefully, place seam-side down on a platter or wherever you plan to store it.
- Carefully cut just the ends of the cake off.
- Microwave remaining Baker’s chocolate and remaining cool whip/whipped cream for 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted, stir after 1 minute, cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour on top of the cake and spread evenly across the top and sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Enjoy your Chocolate Swiss Roll.