Eggless Chocolate Mousse Cake
Last week I did a version on egg version. Many of you must be anxious for the eggless version. This is no egg and no gelatine, easy recipe.
The zebra sponge cake is optional but it would give an impressive look of the cake. I hope you’re inspired to make this cake. Enjoy!
I am using 28x28cm pan and 6×6-inch loose pan
Eggless Zebra Sponge Cake:
- 240g [1 cup] whole milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 240g [2 cups] cake flour
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g [¾ cup] fine sugar
- 112g [½ cup] light oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8g [1 tbsp] cocoa powder (add into one of the halves)
Eggless Chocolate Mousse:
- 160g [1 cup] dark chocolate, chopped
- 160g [¾ cup] whipping cream
- 300g [1¼ cup] whipping cream
- 30g [2 tbsp] fine sugar
Strawberries for fillings and deco
Chocolate drizzle (20g melted chocolate)
Eggless Zebra Sponge Cake:
- In a cup, add milk and vinegar. Give it a quick stir and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. (cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Mix vigorously until combined.
- Add in the milk mixture in few batches, alternate with the sifted dry ingredients.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients, alternate with the milk mixture.
- Divide the batter into halves. Add the cocoa powder into one of the halves. Mix until combined.
- Transfer each batter into a piping bag.
- Pipe each of the batter diagonally and alternately on a 28x28cm tray pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 13-15 min.
- Remove the cake from the pan as soon as it’s out from the oven. Let it cool completely before cutting.
- Trim the edges if necessary. Then cut 4 strips of about 6cm (height), or according to the height you desire. Place the 4 strips on the sides, and the round on the base. Cover to keep the cake moist, set aside.
Eggless Chocolate Mousse cake :
- Cut the strawberries into halves for the fillings.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Heat whipped cream (160g) in the microwave until hot. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is submerged into the cream. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Mix until well combined and make sure there is no lumps. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add whipping cream and sugar. Mix until it is stiff, do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate into the whipping cream. Fold until combined.
- Transfer partially into a piping bag.
Assemble the Eggless Chocolate Mousse Cake :
- Pipe the chocolate mousse for the first layer.
- Lay the strawberry halves on the second layer.
- Fill the chocolate mousse all the way up.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cake from the pan.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate on top. And decorate with strawberry halves
Enjoy your Eggless Chocolate Mousse Cake