Carrot Cake Cupcakes
This Carrot cake recipe was my most requested birthday cake as a child, I have always loved it! So, maybe I’m a little biased, but I can’t imagine that you won’t love these carrot cupcakes. I’ve made this recipe multiple times, and these are always met with rave reviews. Plus, the special twist of adding brown sugar to a typical cream cheese frosting makes these extra special.
Several things set this recipe apart from other carrot cake recipes. Here’s what makes this recipe the BEST:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon increase to 2 teaspoons, if desired
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups FINELY grated carrots (loosely
- measured, not packed) about 2 medium carrots
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts optional
Carrot Cupcakes Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to cool room temp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened to cool room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar, light or dark make sure it’s really fresh
- 2 cups powdered sugar plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses optional,
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 count muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk oil, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined for a better carrot cupcakes
Add dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Stir in carrots and nuts (if using).
Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enoy your carrot cake recipe
You may also like :
- MACAROONS RECIPE : BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO FRENCH MACAROONS
- Carrot cake recipe : a delicate cake for all holidays and parties
- CARROT CAKE WITH CHEESECAKE : NEWBIE’S GUIDE TO CARROT CAKE