This easy Chicken Adobo is a delicious Filipino recipe flavored with black pepper, bay leaves and green chillies. The perfect easy dinner served with rice.
What is chicken Adobo?
Chicken Adobo is one of the most delicious recipes where chicken is braised in a marinade which is made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. This easy version takes some few shortcuts but gives the same punchy taste and super soft braised chicken.
Chicken Adobo INGREDIENTS:
- chicken thighs [2.2 lbs / 1 kg]
- (white) vinegar [0.4 cups / 100 ml]
- water [1.25 cups / 300 ml]
- soy sauce [2-3 tbsp / 30 – 50 ml]
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- black peppercorns [1-2 tbsp / 10 g]
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 medium spicy pepper
Heat up the chicken thighs, skin-side down, in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat
After 3 minutes, the fat will render out. Flip the chicken thighs and add the garlic cloves and chopped red chili pepper and fry for another 3 minutes
Pour in all the liquids and bring to a boil.
Add the black peppercorns and bay leaves. Reduce temperature to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. Cover with a lid!
Flip the chicken thighs after 15 minutes
The chicken will be super tender and juicy. For some more color, we fried the cooked chicken separately over high heat for a minute
Eat with rice and pour some of the sauce on top.
Enjoy your Chicken Adobo!
You may also like :
- BRAISED COCA-COLA CHICKEN WINGS : BEST CHINESE CHICKEN
- CROCK POT CAJUN : MEAT FEAST FOR FREINDS AND FAMILY
- PRAWN CURRY RECIPE : A SIMPLE DELICIOUS AND FLAVORFUL DISH
- MEXICAN SALAD WITH A CREAMY CORIANDER DRESSING