Chocolate Banana Cake
The BEST Chocolate Banana cake I’ve ever had! A soft and moist Chocolate Banana bread filled to the brim with ripe bananas, cocoa and a handful of chocolate chips.
Just when you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, we added a bucketload of chocolate. This gorgeous Chocolate Banana Bread is my new favourite obsession.
Soft and moist banana cake filled to the brim with chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed or regular)
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) white, dark, or milk chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (375 grams) of mashed bananas (you will need 3 large ripe bananas) (approximately 1 pound or 450 grams)
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Banana Cake Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place your oven rack in the centre of the oven. Butter, or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly brown and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until just combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing with the back of a spoon or offset spatula. Bake until the bread has risen and a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
Place on a wire rack to cool for about 15 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan. Can be covered and stored for a few days, or frozen for a couple of months.
Enjoy your Chocolate Banana Cake