Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cream Cheese Icing Red Velvet Cupcakes are as delectable as they are distinguishable in colour. These cupcakes are super moist and I know there are some out there who will cry bloody murder because I used wheat flour. Feel free to use your favorite homemade red velvet cupcake recipe like this one. I have made it before and I love it. But you must make this cream cheese frosting, it’s the best one I have ever had.
You will need:
- 2 cups cake wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt, room temperature
- 1/2 cup ful cream milk, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp red gel food coloring
Cream Cheese Icing Red Velvet Cupcakes directions:
- Preheat the oven 180°C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate and salt together, mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the yoghurt, milk and essence and mix together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy about 3 minutes using electric beater. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the one third of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with one third of the milk mixture and mix until well combined, repeat with the other thirds and mix until smooth.
- Grease and line the 12 x 2 muffin pan with cup cake holders (I added uncooked rice so that they don’t burn fast at the bottom), and pour the batter evenly into the muffin pan.
- Bake for at a moderate oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean (if there are a few moist crumbs stuck to it, that’s fine.
For the cream cheese icing
You will need:
- 230g smooth cream cheese, room temperature
- 60g butter, room temperature
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted twice
What to do:
- Using an electric mixture beat the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the acing sugar and beat for about 3 miniutes or until the icing is well combined.
- Decorate your cupcakes as desired.
- Happy Lovers day. Happy valentines Day.
Enjoy your Cream Cheese Icing Red Velvet Cupcakes
You may also like :
- Glazed doughnuts recipe
- Eggless Moist Chocolate cake : Ultimate Yummy Cake.
- Only 3 ingredients Mirror Glaze Recipe for beginners.