When it comes to homemade glazed doughnuts, this right here is that Daddy of all recipes. Light, moist and altogether more easy to make than you’d ever think – these doughnuts are pure perfection! Making dough may seem like a slow process but, just like my danish pastries (remember those?! YUM!), some things really are worth waiting for.
Donuts – This simple homemade donut dough is made with flour, milk, egg yolks, yeast, and sugar, then the donuts are fried and dredged in sugar. This recipe is easy to make and produces a very indulgent little treat! Make it once and you’ll never use a different recipe for donuts. It’s soo good!
You will need:
- 420 g cake flour
- 5 ml salt
- 50 ml sugar
- 10 g instant yeast
- 60 g margarine
- 1 large egg
- 150 ml warm milk
- 50 ml lukewarm water
- Castor sugar
Read Also : Best Homemade Puff Puff recipes
Glazed Doughnuts Directions:
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together. Add the yeast and mix. Rub the margarine into the flour. Add the egg to the milk and whisk to mix.
- Add the milk mixture together with enough of the lukewarm water to the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough well for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 16 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball or cut into ring doughnuts.
- Place on a lightly floured tray, oil the surface of each doughnut and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 35 – 40 minutes.
- Deep fry the doughnuts in hot oil 180°C. until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain. Roll in castor sugar or fill with whisked sweetened cream.
glazed doughnuts are best freshly made. However if you’d like to make these ahead of time, once cooled store the donuts in a ziplock bag or an air-tight container and just before serving pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds. They’ll be as delicious as when they’d just been made.