Golden curry in the IP for an easy & comforting Sunday dinner. Rice done in rice cooker.
I make this depending on what I have on hand, so the amounts are estimates. I think there’s a lot of room for preference as well.
To make Instant Pot Golden Curry you need:
- 1 pkg Golden Currry
- 2 lbs diced chuck
- 3 large carrots, peeled, chopped
- baby gold potatoes, about 3 handfuls, chopped
- beef broth (optional)
- corn starch, for thickening
- Kikkoman soy sauce, optional
Golden Curry Directions :
1) chop potatoes, put them in a bowl full of cold water and put that in the fridge to soak while prepping the rest. You can skip if you want, I just think they taste better after soaked for a while.
2) chop the carrots, set aside.
3) dice meat into 1″ chunks. I like to leave some fat, but not big chunks.
4) set IP to Sautee, high. Add a splash of oil and let that warm up.
5) put in meat and stir around, browning for just a min or two. Up to you if you wanna do longer.
6) pour in about 2 cups of broth or water, stir and make sure meat is submerged. Scrape up anything on the bottom. Break up curry cubes and stick them in the meat, but not touching the bottom of the pot.
7) turn off Sautee, set to high pressure for 21 mins.
8) quick release. Stir in drained potatoes and carrots. High pressure for another 6 mins.
9) quick release. Add some splashes of soy sauce, to taste. If too thin, mix a teaspoon of corn starch with the minimum amt of water to form a paste in a small bowl and stir in until thick enough.
Enjoy your Golden curry
Result for me is tender meat, but still in chunks (not falling apart). Veggies are soft, but also still maintain their shape. I like golden potatoes, because they cook about the same time as carrots (vs. less waxy potatoes).
You may also like :
- Sous-Vide Tandoori Chicken with Curried Baby Potatoes
- PRAWN CURRY RECIPE : A SIMPLE DELICIOUS AND FLAVORFUL DISH
- Instant pot Hot Beef with Noodles : quick and easy beef recipe