Instant pot Baked potato soup, Classic, Comfort Food, Guest-Worthy. Be sure to serve extra toppings with this flavorful soup!
Start To Finish 25 minutes (15 rninutes active)
- 1 3/4 pounds russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black Pepper
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2cup grated sharp cheddar
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2cup cooked, crumbled bacon.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup Directions :
1.In an Instant Pot, place trivet; add 11/2 cups water. Place potatoes on trivet.
2.Lock lid; set pressure release valve to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook. Select High Pressure; set timer for 20 minutes.
3.When time is up, set pressure release valve to Venting. When all pressure has been released, , unlock lid.
4. Place potatoes in large bowl; using a potato masher, mash to desired consistency.
5.Discard water in pot.
6.Select Saute. Add butter and flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to pot; whisk until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
7.Once mixture is bubbling, add milk and chicken base; whisk to incorporate.
8.Adjust to High heat. Continue whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir in potatoes.
9. Divide evenly between 6 serving booth; top with sour cream, cheddar, scallions and bacon to serve.
Enjoy your Instant pot Baked potato soup