Here are few Important Tips that I think that yield good open flower cookies.
1. My special secret ingredient is – Add in 1 spoon full of Ghee – ghee makes the tart soft and rich!
2. You need to add a bit of Corn flour (about 20 gram or 2 spoon flat not heaped) so that your tart is firmed and not easily broken when handled.
3. REMEMBER ! If dough too soft, add wheat flour. If too hard, add butter. That is how you save your dough in case of emergency !
4. Do not over bake your open tart because the top filling will be crusty.
5. This recipe is tested many times and it works!
Check also : 3 delicious Types Of Butter Cookies
Ingredients (Can make up to 60 Tarts)
- 250 gram butter
- 70 gram Ghee (1 heap spoon full)
- 40g spoon condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 450 gram wheat flour
- 20 gram custard flour (2 spoon flat)
- 20 gram corn flour (2 spoon flat)
How To Make Flower Cookies :
Always mix the wet ingredient first – So mix the Butter, Ghee, Milk, Yolk but make sure you don’t over beat. Mix them enough that they combined.
Now add the dry ingredients and use hand to combine them
Finally, egg wash them before baking. Bake at 160c for about 15 – 18 minutes.
If you cannot visualize how to do it, look at this tutorial and it may help you 🙂
Enjoy your Flower cookies.