A complete guide about how to achieve a perfect oven roasted chicken that glazed with a superb sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. With this easy to follow recipe, the chicken turns out super juicy, delicious and tender.
When it comes to roasted chicken, the simpler the method, the better it will turn out. That is why I use a very simple dry rub for this recipe.
Cooks: 90 minutes Serves: 4 Level: Easy
- 1.3kg whole chicken
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) garlic powder
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) onion flakes
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) cayenne pepper
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) paprika
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) brown sugar
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) olive or cooking oil
- Extra olive or cooking oil, to drizzle on chicken
- Salt and pepper
Oven Roasted Chicken Method
After cleaning and rinsing the chicken, pat it dry with a paper towel.
Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl to form a dry rub, except the salt, pepper, and extra olive or cooking oil.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC and lightly grease a large roasting pan with a rack.
Now drizzle the extra olive or cooking oil all over the chicken, using your hands to coat the chicken well.
Season with the salt and pepper.
Using your hands, rub the chicken well with the dry rub both on the inside cavity and outside, as well as under the skin.
Now place the chicken on the roasting pan rack and roast in the oven for an hour.
During this time, check the base of the roasting pan, adding a little water if and when needed, to avoid drying out of the pan drippings.
Baste the chicken with the pan drippings halfway through this cooking time.
Roast the chicken for a further 20 minutes if needed, or until cooked, golden and crispy.
Rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Serve warm and enjoy your oven roasted chicken
You may also like :
- Best Tandoori chicken legs with Lemon juice
- This sausage green bean potato casserole
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe.