HOW TO MAKE SMOKED CHICKEN?
This applewood smoked chicken recipe is a favorite. Making smoked chicken is a lot easier than you think and don’t be intimidated.
This technique below will show you how you can make smoked chicken, step by step. Our recipe is one of the best.
Why my smoked chicken is the best recipe
- easy peasy, with very affordables and simple ingredients.
- Very tasty. This recipe will make the best juicy chicken with a unforgettable smoky flavor.
- You can use bbq rub or chicken seasoning that you prefer.
- It’s a great family style smoker recipe – my version of smoked whole chicken tastes just like eating at a BBQ restaurant.
- And of course You’ll make it again and again!
- 1 Large fireproof pot
- 1 Charcoal grill
- Apple or Cherry wood for smoking
- A Medium-sized bowl
- 1 Sauce brush
- 1 Sheet pan
- 1 3.5-4lb whole chicken
- 2 tbsp kosher salt, plus more
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup gochujang
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1.5 lb baby Yukon Gold potatoes, about 1.5 inches in diameter
- 5 scallions
- 2 limes
How long does it take to smoke a chicken at 225 degrees?
it takes about 2.5 hours
Smoked Chicken Directions:
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and put on a baking sheet. Season chicken all over with 2 Tbsp kosher salt and a copious amount of black pepper, making sure not to forget the inside of the chicken cavity. Let the chicken sit uncovered in the fridge overnight.
Preheat the grill/oven to 300 degrees.
Combine 1/2 cup gochujang and 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Mince 5 garlic cloves into mixture. Peel and mince the fresh ginger, and then mix to combine.
Cut the rest of the garlic cloves longwise. Place at the bottom of the pot.
Brush the gochujang mixture over all of the chicken, both sides.
Toss potatoes in the rest of the gochujang mixture, season with some additional salt and pepper.
Line the bottom of the pan with coated potatoes, next to the garlic. Then, place the chicken on top of the potatoes
Let chicken smoke/roast for about 2.5 hours. I recommend using apple or cherry wood for this recipe if able, any wood would be a good choice though. Then let rest for 10-15 minutes (be patient).
Slice 5 scallions thinly. Cut the 2 limes in half. Slice one lime into wedges and the other use as juice to add to the flavor of the potatoes. Sprinkle scallions onto potatoes.
Carve chicken and combine ingredients
enjoy your Smoked chicken.
You may also like :